- What is Cover Oregon?
- Important dates
- Learn more and get free help from trained specialists
- Protect yourself from fraud
What is Cover Oregon?
Cover Oregon says: "Cover Oregon is making health coverage more accessible and easier to understand. We are a new online marketplace where Oregonians can compare and enroll in health and dental coverage that fits their needs and budget. More Oregonians can now get health coverage, even if they already have a health condition, and access financial help."
Cover Oregon offers individuals and families:
- Financial help
- Clear information
- Choice of health insurance plans and one-stop shopping
- Quality coverage
- Help from trained specialists and community partners
- October 1st, 2013: open enrollment begins. You can choose an insurance plan and enroll beginning October 1st.
- January 1st, 2014: coverage may begin. If you enroll in a private health insurance plan any time between October 1, 2013 and December 15, 2013 and make your first premium payment, your new health coverage starts January 1, 2014.
- March 31st, 2014: open enrollment for 2014 health insurance coverage closes on March 31, 2014.
Learn more about these key dates at healthcare.gov.
Learn more and get free help from trained specialists
Are you confused by the options? Trained specialists and community partners are available to help you for free!
- Dial 211 to speak to someone who can point you to free help in your area, or
- Call Cover Oregon at 1-855-CoverOR (1-855-268-3767) or visit coveroregon.com to learn about free assistance in your area
Protect yourself from fraud
Don't be fooled by scam artists! Cover Oregon offers these tips to protect yourself from fraud:
- Do not pay for help - there is no charge to use Cover Oregon services.
- Make sure you are working with a certified Cover Oregon agent or community partner. Contact Cover Oregon at 1-855-CoverOR (1-855-268-3767) to check if you are not sure.
- Protect your health care and financial information - Cover Oregon will never call or visit you unannounced and ask for your social security number, credit card, or personal health information.
- Cover Oregon does not offer Medicare.
- You can only get tax credits through Cover Oregon.