There are many ways to donate to your library:
The Cedar Mill Community Library Association is a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation and gifts are tax deductible to the fullest extent provided by law. Donations are accepted for both the Cedar Mill Community Library location and the Cedar Mill Community Library @ Bethany location. Donation receipts are available.
- The library accepts donations of good quality books (hard covers, paperbacks, children’s), Audio Books on CD, DVDs, Music CDs, Video Games - Rated "E" and "T" & Exercise games. Please see http://library.cedarmill.org/about/support-your-library for donation guidelines. CMCLA personnel will determine the best use of these items. They may be placed in circulation for others to enjoy or sold to raise money for library operations. Donations can be made at the library during normal library hours. Donation receipts are available for tax purposes.
- Our Second Edition Resale shop, connected to the library, accepts clean, resalable clothing and household items. Furniture donations must be approved by management. All profits from the shop support the library. Please see our website at http://library.cedarmill.org/second-edition for donation guidelines. A donation receipt is available at the shop's front desk.
- Less common donations such as motor vehicles and real estate need to be reviewed and approved prior to acceptance.
- Cash/Checks: the Cedar Mill Community Library accepts cash and checks. Mail checks to: Cedar Mill Community Library, 12505 NW Cornell Road, Suite 13, Portland, OR 97229-5688 Portland, OR 97229
- Online: Secure online donations can be made at https://app.etapestry.com/hosted/CedarMillCommunityLibrary/OnlineDonation.html
- Automatic Monthly or Quarterly Gifts: We have an automatic supporting donor program for regular monthly donations (withdrawn from your credit card). Contact the library to enroll.
- Gifts of Stock: The library accepts gifts of publicly traded stocks which may offer tax advantages for donors.
- Oregon Community Foundation: The CMCLA has an agency endowment fund administered by the Oregon Community Foundation which may facilitate donations such as charitable remainder trusts.
- Unrestricted/Restricted Gifts: Most gifts to the library are unrestricted and will go to areas of greatest need. Restricted gifts may be made to meet donor interest such as children’s services, the Bethany Branch, or books added as a tribute or a memorial.
Cedar Mill Community Library Association
The Cedar Mill Community Library Association is the governing organization that operates the Cedar Mill Community Library. The Association is governed by a volunteer 11 member board of directors elected from members of the Association. Membership is open to anyone who makes an annual monetary contribution to the library. Members may also choose to become more involved by serving on committees. This is encouraged but not required. Board member and committee member time commitment is generally 4 to 8 hours per month.
The board of directors meets on the third Tuesday of each month at 7:00 PM in the Cedar Mill Community Library Meeting room. Meetings are open to the public.
The Cedar Mill Community Library has an active volunteer program at both locations. Please visit our website at: http://library.cedarmill.org/volunteer