Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a free service through which you request materials not owned by libraries in Washington County, but may be borrowed from other libraries.
How to submit an interlibrary loan borrowing request:
- Use WorldCat to search the holdings of libraries around the world. When you find the item you want in WorldCat, click on the "ILL" button, fill out the short request form, and choose your pickup library from the drop-down list.
- Or, you can make an ILL request by contacting staff at your local library directly.
Things to know:
- Please allow a few weeks for processing and mailing. You will be notified when your item is available for check out or if we are unable to borrow it from another library.
- Limit of five active requests per person. Items currently checked out to you do not count toward the limit of five.
- Loan periods for materials will vary.
- Console video games (Wii, PlayStation, Xbox, etc.), e-books, and e-audiobooks are not available through interlibrary loan.
- Requests for materials published in the current calendar year should be submitted as purchase suggestions to your local library.
- Return Interlibrary Loan materials to the same library from which you checked them out, because they are carefully tracked by library staff.
Information for other libraries: interlibrary loan lending
Washington County Cooperative Library Services lends all circulating materials at no charge to reciprocal libraries.
Non-reciprocal borrowing libraries will be charged $15 per loan, payable only via OCLC IFM.
Libraries wishing to borrow materials may send requests through OCLC to symbol OQX, by email to email@example.com or by phone/fax to 503-681-4742.
Mailing address for interlibrary loan: WCCLS External Loans, 111 NE Lincoln St MS58D, Hillsboro OR 97124