Libraries will return to their regular schedules July 5. Please check our schedule for your library's hours.
The Sherwood Public Library began in 1935 as a shelf of books in a local drugstore and later moved to a rented house. In 1969, the Library became a department of the City of Sherwood and moved to the basement of the historic Morback House, then City Hall. In 1976, Sherwood Public Library became a founding member of WCCLS. The Friends of the Library group formed the same year to begin fundraising, which, combined with grant money, led to a new 3,000 square foot library in 1986.
The current location, designed by Thomas Hacker Architects, opened in December 2005 as a joint-use building with City Hall, funded with urban renewal funds and sales of city-owned properties. The Library now features 14,000 square feet of space, areas for study, socializing, and computer use, a fireplace area, and Community Room. The Library is open 7 days a week, hosts 400+ programs each year and houses over 46,000 items.