Tualatin, OR 97062
The Tualatin Public Library has expanded to 22,123 square feet from 8,455 square feet, an increase of 13,668 square feet. The main features of the expansion and remodel are
- 64 parking spaces and improved pedestrian access in front of the Library/City Offices and Council Building, an increase of 35 spaces;
- Dedicated Children and Teen areas;
- Increased space for books, music, movies, and Internet;
- Designated social and reading areas, vending, and Espresso Bar;
- Community Room for Library programs and large group gatherings;
- Two small-group study rooms;
- Enhanced Library entrance with a separate prominent entry for City Offices.
Sustainability Design Goals
The remodeled building has been designed to be as energy efficient and sustainable as possible through the use of natural ventilation, day lighting, selection of materials, energy efficient lighting and mechanical units, and controls to monitor and adjust for use and time. The project did not apply for LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification although the LEED scorecard was used by the design team to track sustainable features and elements in the landscape/site, building design, and systems. The project has been registered with the US Green Building Council.
"The enhancement of the Tualatin Library will create an inviting community center where learning, discovery, and interaction will flourish, expressing a welcoming civic identity, embracing Tualatin's values and future.