If the OverDrive Media Console app freezes on your iPad or other iOS device, it could be due to another instance of the app already running, preventing it from properly updating. Follow these steps from OverDrive Support to shut the app down.
- Return to the home screen of your device
- Press the Home button twice, and you should see a row appear at the bottom of the screen with all of the apps currently running on your device.
- Tap and hold on the OverDrive app until it starts to shake.
- Tap the red circle in the upper left corner to close the app. (See image below.) Close any other running apps that are not needed.
- Press the Home button twice to return to your home screen.