Error message - "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running..."
If you get this error message when downloading an audiobook on your Windows 7 computer, here's what to do.
The full error message:
"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."
Here are the instructions provided by OverDrive Support to correct this issue:
1. Go to Start | Default Programs
2. Click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
3. Navigate to and select the .odm file type.
4. Click Change Program.
5. In the Open With window click Browse and go to this location: C:\Program Files (x86)\OverDrive Media Console\
6. In the OverDrive Media Console folder, select the MediaConsole application file and click the 'Open' button.
7. Click OK.
8. Click Close.
9. Try downloading your OverDrive Audiobook title again.