- Aging & Veterans' Services, Washington County, Oregon
Scroll the length of their page for numerous links to associations, government agencies and other informative resources.
- Washington County Current Most Requested Numbers
Locate/navigate quickly to county contact information
- FIND (Friendly Iris Network Directory)
Directory for Washington County Social Service Agencies
- Washington County website
- TBABS: Oregon's Talking Books and Braille Services
Visually disabled people may qualify and register for state library services.
- Access Technologies, Inc.
To assure that persons with disabilities in Oregon will be able to secure and effectively use assistive technologies.
- Seniors and People with Disabilities, OR Dept. of Human Services
Links to state services for seniors and people with disabilities
- The Prepared Caregiver
Tips and resources to make caregiving healthy and happy for all involved.
- State of Oregon website
- AARP | www.aarp.org
information, resources and advocacy for people over 50
- Administration on Aging | www.aoa.gov
Links to key off-site web sites on areas of interest in aging
- Bookshare.org | www.bookshare.org
Books to download for people with sight disabilities.
- Disability Resources
a guide to disability-related material on the Internet
- Medicare.GOV | www.medicare.gov
The Official U.S. Government Site for People with Medicare
- MedlinePlus | www.medlineplus.gov
This site is sponsored by the National Institute of Health to provide consumers with information on health issues and medications.
- SeniorNet | www.seniornet.org
This site gives a senior's perspective on Internet use, including tutorials and helpful hints. It is also available in Large Print.
- FirstGov for Seniors | www.ssa.gov maintained by the Social Security Administration
- Tiflolibros | www.Tiflolibros.com.ar
First digital library for the Spanish-speaking blind.
- United States Government website
Know of a website that we should add to this list? Let us know!
Inclusion in this list does not imply endorsement. Please evaluate these resources as you view them.
Note: While we have visited the sites to which we link, note that we cannot control the content that may appear on these sites, nor on any sites that might be accessed through links from these sites.