MEDIA RELEASE - For immediate release
Date: April 9, 2013
Contact: Jodi Nielsen, Senior Program Educator
Get ready for a new way to enjoy e-books from the library
With the Library2Go Next Generation experience, users can borrow titles with just one click!
Washington County, Oregon: Washington County Cooperative Library Service’s (WCCLS) Library2Go e-book collection, www.wccls.org/library2go, has been given a facelift and some new functionality.
From the comfort of home, WCCLS cardholders, can browse the Library2Go digital collection, check out, and read or download e-books on most smartphones and tablets. Barbara O’Neill, WCCLS Library Program Supervisor, manages the contract for the Library2Go service and is excited by the ease with which patrons are now able to read e-books from the web site. “Library2Go e-books are one of the most popular services we offer. We are happy the experience will be so much easier for our patrons to access,” she said.
Some of the key features of the new interface include:
- The look of the website has been updated
- One-step checkout - it takes fewer clicks to check out a title
- A new (additional) way to download ebooks right to your browser, no extra software needed
- If you choose browser-based reading, you will be able to sync across devices. For example, if you leave off at page 47 on your smartphone, you will start at page 47 on your tablet
- You will be able to return any title you check out, as long as you haven't downloaded it yet
- The opportunity to create a wish list in your account, and see suggestions of other books to read based on the books you have checked out in the past
WCCLS has updated all of its Library2Go help pages to make sure they reflect all the changes. Find updated content at www.wccls.org/library2go.