For immediate RELEASE
Date: July 20, 2011
Contact: Jodi Nielsen, Senior Program Educator
Washington County Cooperative Library Services
Read to Ride @ the Washington County Fair
Washington, County, Oregon: The Washington County Cooperative Library Services (WCCLS) is pleased to announce that this summer kids can earn Free Rides at the Washington County Fair! It is great fun and open to students entering kindergarten through the 12th grade. All kids need to do is read to ride; two books equal two FREE Rides at the County Fair. For every two books they read, they will get two FREE ride tickets! *
This is how the program works:
Only one (1) report form per child per day will be accepted at the Washington County Fair.
It's easy as 1 - 2 - 3:
1) Read the Books
2) Fill out the form - available here (PDF)
3) Bring the form to the Washington County Fair Customer Service Office
The Washington County Fair runs Thursday, July 28 through Sunday, July 31 in Hillsboro, Oregon. For fair details visit www.faircomplex.com/fair or call 503-648-1416.
* RULES AND REGULATIONS: any child in the 12th grade or below may participate. One ticket = one free ride (some rides subject to exclusion). Books must be approved by student's parent/guardian. Forms must be completely filled out with parent/guardian signature. No books may be repeated for redemption. Student must be present to redeem the ride tickets. Only one (1) report form per child per day will be accepted. Original book report forms only, no photocopies of summaries will be accepted. Report forms are only valid in increments of two (2) books. While supplies last.
DISCLAIMER: the Read to Ride Program is not a Washington County Cooperative Library Services (WCCLS) or member library sponsored program. WCCLS and WCCLS member libraries accept no responsibility or liability for this activity or group.
Big Fun - When your Read to Ride!
1. Read two (2) books approved by your parent/guardian.
2. Write a brief summary of the books to earn two (2) carnival ride passes
3. Children ages 6 years and under may draw a picture that describes the book
4. Please use an additional sheet of paper if you need more room to write. Don't forget to staple it to the form that is available here
5. Program is good only for students entering kindergarten through 12th grade.
6. To receive your ride passes, please bring your form to the Washington County Fair Customer Service Office.
7. It is important to note that passes are offered only in increments of 2. Only one (1) form per child per day.
This wonderful Read to Ride opportunity for area students is made possible through a partnership between the Washington County Fair and Butler Amusements, Inc. The Washington County Fair gratefully acknowledges Butler Amusements, Inc. for their sponsorship and support of this literacy program.