How Does it Work?
1. Sign up online or in your library from June 1 to August 31.
2. Opt-in to receive our summer reading email newsletter when you sign up. We’ll send emails every two weeks, full of reading ideas from your fellow summer readers and WCCLS library staff, plus great events at your local library, and more!
3. Every two weeks, we’ll draw from all the registrants for fun prizes for book lovers.
But I Want More! I’m a Reading Hero!
If you want even more fun with books this summer, we think you’re a reading hero!
- Visit our WCCLSreads Tumblr from June 1 to August 31 to share the books you’re enjoying with WCCLS - no account required.
- If you share your reads via our Tumblr site, you’re officially a Reading Hero, and you get entered into a special prize drawing at the end of the summer, just for Reading Heroes.
- Even better, your recommendations will get shared (anonymously) with other Washington County readers, so share your reads early and often!
Our WCCLSreads Tumblr will also feature book recommendations from staff, fellow readers, and other book fun. Share the book love! If you’re on social media, use #wcclsreads to share your favorite summer reading pictures, books, and more.
This summer all WCCLS libraries will have a Summer Reading kick-off event for adults, sometime between June 1 and June 14. Check out our events calendar for details, and to see all the other great events WCCLS libraries have planned this summer.
We’re Coming to You!
This summer, WCCLS is coming to you! We’ll be out and about in Washington County this summer, where we’ll be demonstrating our 3M Cloud Library e-book service and meeting with fellow book lovers in Washington County. Watch our emails for details. We’d love to say hello to you!
Every two weeks, starting June 15th, we'll be drawing from all summer reading participants for prizes! You'll have a chance to win one of many WCCLS Reads-themed tote bags, travel mugs, or Powell's gift cards. At the end of the summer, we'll have a special prize drawing just for Reading Heroes. Reading Heroes have a chance to win one of four tablets or one of eight special Reading Hero packs, filled with fun essentials for book lovers.
Why is Summer Reading Different This Year?
If you’ve participated in Summer Reading in previous years, you may notice things are a little different this year. At the end of summer reading last year, we had a survey of participants, and we got lots of great feedback. You wanted more online interaction, more books, and more frequent prize drawings, so we’ve incorporated your ideas into the program this summer. At the end of the summer, we’ll be sending out another survey, and look forward to hearing your thoughts and suggestions for next year!
Thank you to this year's sponsors!