Summer reading isn’t just for kids! At WCCLS libraries, summer reading for adults means finding great book suggestions in your inbox, sharing your reads, fun prizes for book lovers, and great events at your local library.
How Does it Work?
- Sign up online or at your library from June 1 to July 31.
- Opt-in to receive our WCCLS Reads email newsletter when you sign up. We’ll send emails every two weeks full of reading ideas from your fellow summer readers and WCCLS library staff, plus great events at your local library, and more!
- Every two weeks, we’ll draw from all who have registered for fun prizes for book lovers.
Participate More for a Chance to Win!
We want you to share your book recommendations with us again this summer!
- Visit reads.wccls.org/suggest from June 1 through August 31 to share the books you’re enjoying with WCCLS – no login required (your name, phone, and/or email address are necessary for us to contact you if you win a prize in our drawings).
- Share your book recommendations, and when you do you will be entered into a special prize drawing at the end of the summer.
- Even better, your recommendations will get shared (anonymously) with other Washington County readers, so share your reads early and often!
Plus, reads.wccls.org will also feature book recommendations from staff, fellow readers, and other book fun. If you’re on social media, use #wcclsreads to share your favorite summer reading pictures, books, and more.
This summer WCCLS libraries will have a Summer Reading kick-off event for adults, sometime between June 1 and June 14. Check out our events calendar for details, and to see all the other great events WCCLS libraries have planned this summer.
Every two weeks, starting June 15th, we'll be drawing from all summer reading participants for prizes! You'll have a chance to win one of many WCCLS Reads-themed tote bags and water bottles. At the end of the summer, we'll have a special prize drawing just for those who submit their own reading recommendations.