The Banks Community Library was established in 1976 by the Sunset Library Society. Service was first offered in a green bookmobile located on city property. The library then shared space in the Banks Junior High School until 1988, when it moved to space of its own in the Oak Village Shopping Center.
Ground breaking for a new 3,000 square foot library took place September of 1996, and the library was formally dedicated on May 16, 1997.
The Jane Moore Community Room is available for use during and after the library’s open hours. Non-profit, government and local community groups may reserve the space when not needed for Library- or City-related activities. An application to reserve the room must be submitted in advance. Some restrictions do apply. Inquiries about availability, fees and making reservations may be directed to Denise Holmes or Susan Cackler at the library, (503) 324-1382, or by calling Banks City Hall at (503) 324-5112.