Measure 34-180 Library Levy Renewal
Washington County Cooperative Library Services (WCCLS) has provided funding for public library operations, central support and outreach programs linking together city and community libraries for 34 years.
Measure 34-180, a renewal levy to support countywide library services, will appear on the November 2, 2010 ballot. The proposed levy would renew a current levy that will expire June 2011. A five-year local option levy is proposed to replace the expiring four-year levy. This measure would run from July 2011 through June 2016. The 17¢ rate per $1,000 of assessed value would remain unchanged from the current rate. The expiring levy provides approximately 1/3 of funding for WCCLS.
- Ballot Title Filed (PDF)
- Library 2010 Explanatory Statement (PDF)
- FAQ for 2010 Library Levy Renewal Revised (PDF)
- Library Levy Renewal article (PDF)
- WCCLS Levy Brochure (PDF)
- Summary of various WCCLS statistics(PDF)
- Circulation Statistics: Historical and Projected (PDF)
- Proposal for a Five-year Library Local Option Levy (PDF)
- Washington County Voter's Pamphlet (PDF)