We are excited to welcome you back to the library but due to current recommended county health guidelines, our capacity to offer computer time is limited.
West Slope Community Library was founded in 1950 by the Century Club for Women. First located in space donated by a local bank, in 1974 the library moved to a park district building in front of Raleigh Park Elementary School in West Slope. In 1978 voters approved a levy for WCCLS which included funds for a 3,000 square foot modular building and the library to be administrated by Washington County. Since 1998 the library added an additional 3,000 square feet.
Every room of the library contains tables for study, recreation, and meeting, including tables wired for charging laptops and mobile devices. The library houses over 64,000 items in its collection, including robust collections of board games, movies, travel guides, and cookbooks. Visitors may also purchase books, puzzles, games, CDs, and movies from the Friends of the Library Book Sale. The Friends of West Slope Library is a non-profit organization that provides additional financial support to the library.