Hillsboro, OR 97124
About Hillsboro Main Library
The Hillsboro Main Library houses almost 300,000 items on two floors. The Storytime room and materials for young people are on the first floor, along with movies, music, large print books, and materials in various world languages. Coffee shop service is available in the lobby. On the second floor, shelving stacks of adult nonfiction and fiction collections are on the north end of the building. Other features of the second floor include an art gallery area, a quiet reading room with newspapers and magazines, study rooms and conference rooms. Public computers are located on both floors. Study rooms, conference rooms and computers may be reserved and used with your library card.
Backed by Dawson Creek corporate park and with over 300 parking spaces in front, this 77,000 square foot building includes rentable spaces for community organizations and events.
Hillsboro Public Library began providing library services in 1914 with a Carnegie funded building on Second Avenue and Lincoln Street. In 1975 the Library was moved to a new building in Shute Park and in 1990 the Tanasbourne Town Center Library became a branch of Hillsboro when the area annexed. As the City grew, larger space was needed and the current building was purchased in 2005. The library collections moved from leased space in the Tanasbourne Village Mall for this building’s opening of the first floor in May 2007.