On this page:
Find tax assistance
- The IRS provides information on free tax return preparation for qualified taxpayers.
- CASH Oregon offers free tax filing for low and middle income individuals.
- Contact the Oregon Department of Revenue or the IRS’ Oregon offices by phone.
- The AARP’s Tax-Aide program offers free tax filing. Find their locations. Individuals do not need to be retired to use the AARP’s services.
- The United Way also links to free tax assistance, including free online filing.
File online for free
- Both state and federal governments have free online tax filing options. CASH Oregon’s website explains the options.
- The IRS offers a way to prepare and file your federal individual income tax return for free using tax-preparation-and-filing software.
- The IRS provides a list of free file software.
Get tax forms and publications
|Online||Find and print all state tax forms, including (all links are PDFs):||Find and print all federal tax forms, including (all links are PDFs):|
|By Mail||Order state tax forms to be mailed to you||Order IRS forms to be mailed to you|
|In Libraries||The state does not distribute paper tax forms to libraries||See below|
Where to print or pick up paper Federal forms
Delivery of IRS federal forms to libraries is often delayed, and stock can be limited. Please check with the library before heading there to pick up forms.
|Library||Paper Federal Forms?||Cost to print (per page)|
|Beaverton - Murray Scholls||No||10¢|
|Bethany*||No||print 5 copies of any form for free; additional copies 10¢/page using copier|
|Cedar Mill*||No||print 5 copies of any form for free; additional copies 10¢/page using copier|
|Forest Grove*||Yes||print 1 copy of any form for free; additional copies 10¢/page using copier|
|Hillsboro Shute Park||Yes||10¢|
|West Slope*||Yes||print 1 copy of any form for free; additional copies 10¢/page using copier|
*Instruction booklets available for checkout at this location