Find free tax prep
- AARP’s Tax-Aide program offers free tax filing. Search locations. You do not need to be retired to use AARP’s services.
- The IRS provides information on free tax return preparation for qualified taxpayers.
- CASH Oregon offers free tax filing for low and middle income individuals.
- The United Way also links to free tax assistance, including free online filing.
- Contact the Oregon Department of Revenue or the IRS’ Oregon offices by phone.
File online for free
- Both state and federal governments have free online tax filing options. CASH Oregon’s website explains the options.
- The IRS offers a way to prepare and file your federal individual income tax return for free using special software.
- Oregon Department of Revenue has a list of free tax preparation services.
- GetYourRefund.org is a free tax filing service.
Get tax forms and publications
Find and print all state tax forms, including (all links are PDFs):
- Form 40 & instructions
- Form 40N & instructions
- Form 40P & instructions
- Publication 17 (large file - 2.2 MB)
The state does not distribute paper tax forms to libraries.
Find and print all federal tax forms, including (all links are PDFs):
Many WCCLS libraries have printed copies of the federal tax form available. Please check with your local library before heading there to pick up a form. Library hours may change at the last minute due to staffing shortages and shipping delays may mean forms are out of stock.
All libraries offer printing, sometimes at no cost. If you would like to print a copy of your tax form, check your library’s website for the latest information.