Find free tax prep
- AARP’s Tax-Aide program offers free tax filing. Search locations. You do not need to be retired to use AARP’s services.
- The IRS provides information on free tax return preparation for qualified taxpayers.
- CASH Oregon offers free tax filing for low and middle income individuals.
- The United Way also links to free tax assistance, including free online filing.
- Contact the Oregon Department of Revenue or the IRS’ Oregon offices by phone.
File online for free
- Both state and federal governments have free online tax filing options. CASH Oregon’s website explains the options.
- The IRS offers a way to prepare and file your federal individual income tax return for free using special software.
- Oregon Department of Revenue has a list of free tax preparation services.
- GetYourRefund.org is a free tax filing service.
Get tax forms and publications
Find and print all state tax forms, including (all links are PDFs):
- Form 40 & instructions
- Form 40N & instructions
- Form 40P & instructions
- Publication 17 (large file - 2.2 MB)
The state does not distribute paper tax forms to libraries.
Find and print all federal tax forms, including (all links are PDFs):
- 1040 & instructions
- 1040 Tax Table
- About Form 1040 (plus schedules 1-3)
- En español: formulario 1040 e instrucciones
Many WCCLS libraries have printed copies of the federal tax form available. Please check with your local library before heading there to pick up a form in case they are out of stock.
All libraries offer printing, sometimes at no cost. If you would like to print a copy of your tax form, check your library’s website for the latest information.