WCCLS provides multiple methods of searching and finding library materials, and access to your patron account online. Two of these are
- the main catalog
- the alternate catalog
You can use these catalogs at any time.
We also had the MobilePAC; this was retired on Tuesday, September 17, 2019. There are a couple of reasons for this decision:
- Use of the MobilePAC has declined significantly over the last 18 months
- WCCLS provides two other fully functional, mobile-responsive catalogs for the public
If you need help, here’s where to go
If you run into any trouble getting to the main or alternate catalogs, here are a couple of things you can try:
- Clear your browser cache
- Change your bookmarks/favorites to point to the new catalog
For additional information, you can:
Why does WCCLS not have a mobile app?
We chose to make the WCCLS catalog available in an internet browser for a number of reasons.
- To ensure the widest levels of access to the service. The catalog is neither device- nor operating system-specific.
- To save the time and money required to develop multiple apps for specific mobile platforms.
- Some areas of Washington County do not have access to high-speed internet. We hope the streamlined nature of a mobile-responsive catalog will be of benefit to people without a fast connection.