What Types of Artwork Are Eligible?
- The artwork must represent the Teen Summer Reading theme “Libraries Rock!” Please DO NOT include this slogan in your artwork. (Note: Washington County’s Graphic Designer will add a print-ready version of the slogan to the winning piece.)
- Hardcopy design must include artwork on 8 1/2” X 11” paper.
- Digital submissions in one of the following formats: AI, EPS or Pdf (must be high-resolution). Complete a separate online entry form for each piece of artwork submitted.
- Designs must be the original work of the entrant.
- Designs should be in color. (Note: The colors you use need to be easily reproducible online and on paper. Please keep in mind that your artwork will also be reproduced in black and white.)
- All components must be completely original. You may not use any copied images.
- Limit two (2) entries per contestant.
What are the Awards?
Prizes will be awarded for First Place, Second Place and Third Place.
Artwork may be showcased on the www.wccls.org website and/or websites belonging to WCCLS member libraries for up to one (1) year.
First Prize: $200 Amazon gift card
Second Prize: $100 Amazon gift card
Third Prize: $50 Amazon gift card
How will Awards be Determined?
Entries will be vetted for adherence to eligibility standards and usability by Washington County’s Graphic Designer. Pieces that are considered acceptable will be judged by a panel of librarians, community members, and participants of Teen Library Councils from WCCLS member libraries. Judging will take place in early March. Awards will be announced Friday April 6, 2018. The decision of the judges is final.
Who can Enter?
Eligibility is limited to amateur artists aged 12-18 at time of submission. Entrants and/or their guardians must live or attend school in Washington County. Entrants who have previously been awarded First Prize are ineligible to participate. Officers, employees and representatives of WCCLS, the sixteen WCCLS member libraries and their immediate families, employees of any sponsor and their immediate families are ineligible to participate. WCCLS shall have the right to verify, in its sole judgment, entrant and winner eligibility. The contest is void where prohibited.
Are there Different Entry and Prize Categories by Age?
No. All entrants must be aged 12-18 at the time of submission.
How Many Designs Can I Submit?
Up to two (2) designs may be submitted by a single individual during the contest period. Individuals submitting more than the limit will be disqualified.
How Must the Designs be Submitted?
A hard copy OR digital entry of the design must be submitted in accordance with the Entry Form requirements by close of business February 12, 2018.
- No mail-in entries will be accepted.
- Receipt of entries will be acknowledged.
- Each hardcopy entry must include a completed entry form attached with a paper clip and must be signed on reverse side, in case entry and entry form become separated.
- Each digital entry must include a 1-3 sentence description of the artwork in case entry and entry form become separated.
- A signed copy of the 2018 Washington County Cooperative Library Services (WCCLS) Teen Summer Reading Artwork Contest Rules must be completed for each entrant. A digital signature is required for online submissions.
Eligibility is limited to amateur artists aged 12-18 at time of submission. Entrants who have previously been awarded First Prize are ineligible to participate. Officers, employees and representatives of WCCLS, the sixteen WCCLS member libraries and their immediate families, employees of any sponsor and their immediate families are ineligible to participate. WCCLS shall have the right to verify, in its sole judgment, entrant and winner eligibility. The contest is void where prohibited.
What Rights will WCCLS Retain in Submitted Designs?
Your entry to the contest constitutes a grant from you to WCCLS of a free perpetual non-exclusive license authorizing your design to be displayed by WCCLS or by third parties with WCCLS’ permission, to be used on the WCCLS website, and to be used in WCCLS advertisements and other WCCLS promotional material. All entries must be free of claims and rights of third parties. WCCLS reserves the right to make minor modifications to art, text and context. WCCLS is not responsible for damage to or theft of artwork.
What Rights will Entrants Retain?
Entrants retain all other rights to future use of their artwork except as specified.
May Entrants Sell their Design?
Yes, but the purchaser must be advised that WCCLS retains the rights enumerated in “WHAT RIGHTS WILL WCCLS RETAIN IN SUBMITTED DESIGNS?”
Submission of an entry to the contest automatically constitutes the contestant's acceptance of all conditions set forth in the above rules. Entries not complying with the above rules will be disqualified.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
Participants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless all contest sponsors, Washington County Cooperative Library Services (WCCLS) and their partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any artwork submitted or any prize awarded hereunder. WCCLS assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Contest entries or entry forms; or alteration of entries or entry forms. WCCLS is not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants' or any other persons' computers related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest.
Sponsor is not responsible for entries not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or other electronic malfunctions. Sponsor not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by persons entered at the Web site or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest.